Our lifts offer a wide variety of uses from lifting objects onto a higher platform to lifting a person to do work high up in the air. Since there are so many different kinds of lifts, it is important to understand a bit about each lift in order to make the decision on which lift to get. We want to make sure you get the right lift to do your job. To start, you would need to know what kind of terrain the lifts will operate on and whether they can be used inside or outside.
- An Electric scissor lift can be used inside and outside. They must be used on a flat surface such as concrete.
- Rough terrain scissors can only be used outside. They are able to operate on a rough terrain such as grass, gravel, or dirt.
- Electric articulating booms can be used on a similar terrain as the electric scissors. They can be used inside and outside, but they must be used on a flat surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Fueled straight booms and articulating booms are rough terrain machines. They can only be used outside. In addition to this they are able to operate on grass, gravel, or dirt.
- Warehouse forklifts can also be used inside and outside. They are only capable of operating on flat surfaces such as concrete or asphalt.
- Telehandlers or reach forklifts can be used on rough terrain such as grass, gravel, or dirt, but can not be used inside a closed building.
If there are any other questions you need answered, please don’t hesitate to reach out to get more answers! We can be reached by phone and email.